Dress Code and Uniform
Children are required to have available P.E. and sports kit, ie. plimsolls, plain black or blue shorts, and plain white T-shirt, and for the older children, outdoor trainers. In colder weather, plain coloured legging or tracksuit bottoms and the school sweatshirt may be worn.
During the swimming season children will also need one piece swimming costume (girls), swimming trunks (boys). P.E. items should be kept in a bag and be available for use throughout the week and not only on those days when P.E. is timetabled. The wearing of any jewellery for P.E. is not allowed. Studs or earrings must be removed or covered during P.E./Games events. No earrings can be worn whilst swimming, please remove earrings for your child before school if they are unable to manage themselves.
The school Governors believe that the wearing of school uniform encourages a sense of belonging to the school community, aids identification on visits and at external events (concerts, etc.) and encourages children to take a pride in their school.
For these reasons, parents are requested to follow the uniform code:
• Official scarlet school sweatshirt / cardigan bearing the school logo
• Grey/black school trousers, grey skirt/pinafore or scarlet gingham dress
• Plain white collared shirt or blouse (polo or button through)
• Grey, white or red socks or tights
• Sensible shoes (preferable black, low heeled—not trainers
• Optional black sweatshirt bearing school logo (Year 6 only)
Official sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts and bookbags are available from our on-line stockiest Tesco.com. The school badge incorporates a monogram of St Mary, taken from a medieval design to be seen over the west door of Trimley St Mary Church.
Please ensure that all uniform items are clearly labelled.