Please view the document below for instructions on downloading the Seesaw app.
Whole School Challenge
Trimelyphant has missed you all so much! Please fill in Trimelyphant with positivity and bring back to school to share with your new class teacher. Tell me:
- five words to describe you
- your best memory
- something kind that you have done
- what you have done that you have been most proud of
- what you are looking forward to doing back in school
Years 5 & 6
Research into Climate Change and / or the explorer Ernest Shackleton. This will allow you to get a head start on our topic which will be Journey to the Poles. Be creative – you can use ICT, make a magazine, a traditional project or even write and present a news article!
Years 3 & 4
Years 1 & 2
Brilliant Beginning’s Summer Holiday Projects
Here are a variety of fun language based activities using items you might have had home.
Managing Anxiety & Improving Wellbeing
This “toolkit” offers simple, but effective advice to help families manage anxiety and improve wellbeing during this very unusual situation. Resources include links to websites that may provide practical guidance and further information
As some of your children might be asking lots of ‘why’ questions at this time you can access a very simple yet clear explanation through this story which may help you explain the current situation:
Mrs Lloyd reading Chapter 22 from our assembly book – ‘The Land of Roar’
A new chapter will be added each week.
Read with permission from Harper Collins Children’s books.
Start a lesson Yr1 to Yr6
Pick your year and start home schooling.
One English and one maths lesson every day
|Topic theme/ area of study for the Summer Term
Please see year group pages on website under PUPIL TAB at far right of screen on the HOME page www.trimley.net
and also posted each week directly onto Tapestry
|Message for EYFS|
|Year 1||https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons||“Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside”|
|Year 2||https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons||The Enchanted Wood|
|Year 3 +4||https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons||Revolting Romans|
|Year 5+6||https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons||The War Rooms|
Ideas for speaking and listening
Apps to support speech and language
Reception Speech and Language Support Sheet
Year 1 Speech and Language Support Sheet
Year 2 Speech and And Language Support Sheet
Year 3 & 4 Speech and And Language Support Sheet
Year 5 & 6 Speech and And Language Support Sheet
For an active challenge, you can try one on these links below.
PE With Joe – Workout videos with Joe Wicks (The Body Coach) Mon-Fri 9am.
The Body Coach TV – These are Joe Wicks workout videos which also include challenges such as,
the 7 day sweat challenge.
Cosmic Kids – Yoga videos through story themes.
www.activesuffolk.org/covidschoolsupport – basic weekly challenge sheets provided by Active Suffolk for pupils’ families to carry out.
https://imoves.com – provides active videos and resources that are completely FREE. Parents simply need to sign up once on the website, and they will receive daily emails with themed Active Blasts. The Active Blasts are not just workout videos, they are also linked to topics such as active maths dances etc.
For a musical challenge, you can try one of these links below. You don’t have to stick with just one age group either.
- Ages 4–5: Big Bear Funk
- Ages 5–6: Your Imagination
- Ages 6–7: Friendship Song
- Ages 7–8: Bringing Us Together
- Ages 8–9: Blackbird
- Ages 9–10: Dancing In The Street
- Ages 10–11: PLASTIC
You will need to use following information:
Username – 182998
Password – hc4yhm2k24
And then click on the ‘launch’ steps on the left for your music challenge.
Other useful websites to use at home.
- BBC Bitesize – Teaches different topics and has activities and games.
- Classroom Secrets – Offering free home learning packs with practical ideas.
- Cool Maths – Maths lessons, quizzes and games
- Literacy Shed – Literacy based website that has videos and teaching ideas.
- Maths Bot – Maths question generators that have different topics and level of difficulty.
- Nrich Maths – maths challenges that are often used in class.
- Pobble 365 – Offers a different picture each day with questions that can be answered. Also includes a story starter and sentence challenges.
- Storyline Online – Opportunity to watch and hear stories being read aloud.
- Top Marks – Activities that can be used for different subjects including maths games like Hit the Button and Daily 10.
- Twinkl – Offering free access for the time being with the code CVDTWINKLHELPS. Has multiple resources for all subjects.
- White Rose Maths – Offers maths challenges for each year group.
Wind in the Willows
This is available to watch for free. https://www.willowsmusical.com/
- Draw and write about your favourite character.
- Draw a story map showing what happens at the beginning , middle and end.
- Create a “Wanted” poster for Mr Toad.
- Write your own play script or conversation between your two favourite characters.
- What do you think to the production and performance. As a theatre critic write a review for a newspaper explaining what you liked or disliked about the play. Write in the style of a journalist