TA- Mrs Middleton
The Greeks- Class 1G- Miss Smith
TA- Miss DeCleen
PE Arrangements for Autumn Term
PE lessons will take place on a Wednesday and Friday morning. Your child will need a white T-shirt, black shorts and plimsoles which will need to be kept in a named drawstring PE bag. Long hair needs to be tied back and earrings should be removed.
Week Beginning 11th February 2019
Our topic this term is ‘Food Glorious Food.’ We are opening a new branch of our highly successful company, Foodtastic Inc! We are so excited to create this branch and learn all about our employees. Read below to see the activities we will be undertaking…
As Readers we will: –
- Tap and clap key vocabulary linked to Foodtastic Inc.
- Tap and clap our Common Exception Words and play Scrabbled Eggs.
- Be Resilient Readers and understand that answers are in our hands.
- Answer a variety of question types to demonstrate our understanding.
- Practise reading real and non-real words.
Complete the Reading Challenge – remember to read for 5 minutes, 5 times a week.
- Enjoy sharing our books with an adult.
As Writers we will:-
- Continue to use the Legends of Literacy and MC Grammar to explore different classes of words.
- Use our knowledge of sounds to label the Foodtastic Inc company.
- Design, create and label ingredients for a sandwich.
- Create a set of instructions about how to make a sandwich.
- Continue to practise our Common Exception Words.
- Continue to practice our cursive handwriting.
As Mathematicians we will:
• Read, write, recognise numbers up to 20.
• Continue to use place value knowledge.
• Begin to look at mass and compare masses of objects.
• Use a variety of equipment to practise measuring mass.
• Use vocabulary such as ‘heavy, heavier, heaviest, light, lighter, lightest’
• Count in 2s, 5s and 10s.
• Carry out our BMBT challenges with Mrs Allen and try to beat our score.
In Science we will:-
• Continue our exciting new topic ‘Healthy Living’
• Tap and clap key Scientific vocabulary.
• Complete a post-learning lesson to show off everything we have learnt about Healthy Living.
• Draw and label diagrams to showcase our learning.
• Use seesaw to record our classifications.
• Sing ‘Healthy Living’ songs.
In PE we will:-
• Begin to learn new Team Games.
• Begin to learn exciting warm up’s linked to ‘Healthy Living.’
As Dynamic Designers we will:-
• Using our designing skills to design a sandwich.
• Carefully follow our designs to create our sandwiches.
Create a set of instructions in our design booklets.
In Computing we will:-
• Continue to use the IPads.
• Begin our new topic ‘We are TV planters.’
• Learn how to upload work to See-Saw.
• Begin to understand and describe ‘Algorithms.’
• Know that simple actions produce predictable results.
Don’t forget to complete the reading challenge this week. Well done to the children who completed the Reading Challenge. Mrs Taylor’s class achieved 72% (that’s 20 out of 26) and Miss Smith’s class achieved 85% (that’s 23 out of 27). Great work – keep reading! We still want a KS1 class to top the leader board! We can do it.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IN YEAR ONE! YOU’RE ALL AMAZING!
Year 1 English Curriculum Spring Term
Year 1 Bulletins
Watch out for ‘Marvellous Me’ messages from your child’s teachers. We LOVE Marvellous Me at Trimley St Mary – it’s a fantastic way to encourage, praise and celebrate successes and achievements in school.
Take the time to talk with your child about their learning! Because …… everyone’s a SUPERHERO!!
Parent Helpers Welcome!
We welcome parents into school, to help our children to improve their reading skills. If you are able to spare a morning or an afternoon, on a regular basis, please let your child’s teacher know. We are very appreciative of your additional support, and it makes a huge difference to the children’s learning. We would love you to come and join us! Tea and coffee provided too!
Don’t forget to read for 5 minutes, 5 times a week!
Your reading Challenge Slip must be returned on MONDAY MORNING so the ‘scores on the doors’ can be collated by class teachers during registration and sent to the school office.
Come on Year 1! A KS1 class has never topped the leader board! We need 75% of our classes to read to meet Mrs Ashford’s challenge. Class Prizes available too. Keep reading!!