TA- Mrs Middleton
The Greeks- Class 1G- Miss Smith
TA- Miss DeCleen
PE Arrangements for Autumn Term
PE lessons will take place on a Wednesday and Friday morning. Your child will need a white T-shirt, black shorts and plimsoles which will need to be kept in a named drawstring PE bag. Long hair needs to be tied back and earrings should be removed.
Week Beginning 1st April 2019
Our topic this term is ‘Food Glorious Food.’ We have successfully launched our highly successful company, Foodtastic Inc and this week we will be reviewing all of our learning from this term, as well as learning about the Easter Story.
As Readers we will: –
Tap and clap key vocabulary linked to The Easter Story.
- Tap and clap our Common Exception Words and play Scrabbled Eggs.
- Be Resilient Readers and understand that answers are in our hands.
- Answer a variety of question types to demonstrate our understanding.
- Practise reading real and non-real words.
Complete the Reading Challenge – remember to read for 5 minutes, 5 times a week.
- Enjoy sharing our books with an adult.
As Writers we will:-
Continue to use the Legends of Literacy and MC Grammar to explore different classes of words.
- Use our knowledge of sounds to write about the Easter Story.
- Use the sounds we know to write about why we celebrate Easter.
- Continue to practise our Common Exception Words.
- Continue to practice our cursive handwriting.
As Mathematicians we will:
• Read, write, recognise numbers up to 40.
• Continue to use place value knowledge.
• Consolidate our number knowledge to 40.
• Partition 2 digit numbers to 40 using equipment.
• Use vocabulary such as count, numbers, forwards, backwards and partition.
• Count in 2s, 5s and 10s.
• Carry out our BMBT challenges with Mrs Allen and try to beat our score.
In Science we will:-
• Complete our ‘post-assessment’ lesson for Growing Plants.
• Tap and clap key Scientific vocabulary.
• Fill our week 4 of our ‘bean diary’ and draw a labelled diagram.
• Use our observation skills to see how our beans have grown!
• Sing some new songs about ‘Growing Plants’.
In PE we will:-
• Begin to learn new Team Games.
• Begin to use the parachute to play cooperative games with.
In RE we will:-
• Learn about the Easter Story and answer questions about it.
– Begin to understand why Easter is important to Christians.
– Begin to write about the Easter Story and the sequence of events.
In Computing we will:-
• Continue to use the IPads.
• Review the learning from this term.
• Use and explore a variety of educational apps.
• Work collaboratively.
• Know that simple actions produce predictable results.
Don’t forget to complete the reading challenge this week. Well done to the children who completed the Reading Challenge. Mrs Taylor’s class achieved 80%(that’s 21 out of 26) and Miss Smith’s class achieved 85% (that’s 24 out of 26). Great work – keep reading! We still want a KS1 class to top the leader board! We can do it.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IN YEAR ONE! YOU’RE ALL AMAZING!
Year 1 English Curriculum Spring Term
Year 1 Bulletins
Watch out for ‘Marvellous Me’ messages from your child’s teachers. We LOVE Marvellous Me at Trimley St Mary – it’s a fantastic way to encourage, praise and celebrate successes and achievements in school.
Take the time to talk with your child about their learning! Because …… everyone’s a SUPERHERO!!
Parent Helpers Welcome!
We welcome parents into school, to help our children to improve their reading skills. If you are able to spare a morning or an afternoon, on a regular basis, please let your child’s teacher know. We are very appreciative of your additional support, and it makes a huge difference to the children’s learning. We would love you to come and join us! Tea and coffee provided too!
Don’t forget to read for 5 minutes, 5 times a week!
Your reading Challenge Slip must be returned on MONDAY MORNING so the ‘scores on the doors’ can be collated by class teachers during registration and sent to the school office.
Come on Year 1! A KS1 class has never topped the leader board! We need 75% of our classes to read to meet Mrs Ashford’s challenge. Class Prizes available too. Keep reading!!