The Aims of Trimley St Mary School
At Trimley St Mary we aim to:
- Create a safe, secure and happy environment where pupils are motivated, challenged to think and inspired to learn. Our school is one where children’s achievement is central to all that we do.
- Develop pride in the school community fostering a cohesive culture of tolerance, co-operation and respect for self and others.
- Our school is one where we all work in partnership with parents and carers to enable every opportunity for learning.
- Provide access to an inclusive balanced and appropriate curriculum enabling each pupil to reach their full potential – academically, socially and physically.
- Our school is one where children are supported to grow and develop the skills required to empower them for the next stages in education and the workplace.
- Recognise parents and the wider community as active partners in the education process and life of the school.
- Ensure that we work collaboratively alongside other agencies, services and protocols to deliver Every Child Matters Agenda ensuring children:
- Enjoy and achieve
- Keep healthy
- Stay safe
- Make a positive contribution
- Achieve economic well-being
The Ethos of the School
- Our school exists to serve the children and families within the community.
- We work alongside other agencies and the Local Authority to ensure that children in our care are happy and safe, enjoy learning and achieve their full potential.
- The school fosters a positive attitude to learning respecting others perspectives and achievements, where children are seen as individuals, whose needs are sought and recognised.
- The school serves to support the rounded development of children including social, cultural, moral, spiritual and physical aspects.
- The school encourages children to develop self-esteem and determination, encouraging children to embrace challenges and make the most of opportunities available to them.